Our guest today on The Success Assembly Podcast is a expert when it comes to supporting others in discovering the answers to the questions: “Who Am I, What do I want, and How do I get it?” She’s a Life Coach with a counselling emphasis known for catalysing radical self-reflection while offering practical direction. She’s just realised her new book Expectation Hangover, the guidebook for how to treat disappointment on emotional, mental, behavioural and spiritual levels. Our guest today is Christine Hassler.
In this interview, Christine and I speak about:
The reasons why she wrote the book that addresses overcoming disappointment in work and life.
- There’s not enough comprehensive treatment plans for what to do when things aren’t going great
- Ways to leverage disappointments
What mistakes Christine sees people making when the hangover kicks in?
- Coping strategies people normally indulge in that just serve as band-aid solutions but does not treat the disappointment at the core
How to recover from heartbreak, a loss of job or a health related issue –
- The first thing you can do to get back on track
- Release writing and emotional purging
The four core areas of your treatment plan
- Emotional – compassion for feelings. Being with your suffering
- Mental – how to avoid past tracking and future tripping
- Behavioural – compensatory strategies and avoidance traps
- Spiritual – becoming the seeker. Relieving from the victim mentality
How to manage expectations and prepare to manage the impact from a blow more effectively?
- Having the capacity to be guided and willingness to take action on that guidance
Strategies where we can manage the effects of the expectation hangover, move through it and take the lessons.
- Don’t go to a Chinese restaurant if you want to order nachos – we stop setting ourselves up for disappointment
- Wake up from comparison comas
Enjoy the interview with Christine here. Have an awesome week!
Book and Courses: Expectation Hangover
Click here for more great articles like this one!
To speak with me about how I can help you go to the next level and beyond in your business.. simply head to the contact page and send me a message.