When I was 21, I reached out to this weeks guest I have on The Success Assembly podcast for some business mentoring. At the time I had just launched DanceLife which I sold 3 years ago. She said it was going to be $400 for an hour… 8 years ago $400 was a huge amount of money for a 21 year old with no dollars, so I said no (so silly…). Today I pay up to $1000 per hour for mentoring… it’s funny how your perspectives on things change over time and with new knowledge and experiences.
Anyway (can’t dwell on the past)…. this woman has gone from strength to strength. From working in events and sponsorship to book publishing and now being the brains behind the worldwide magazine for entrepreneurs The Collective, Lisa Messenger is a force. A force of determination and sheer persistence. Qualities every business owner needs to thrive.
I caught up with Lisa last week for a chat about life and business. What I’ve always admired about Lisa is how honest and transparent she is. There’s a bunch of gold in our interview. We discuss:
- What she learned from Richard Branson on her recent trip to Necker Island.
- How Lisa got buy in from sponsors and advertisers when she launched the magazine (keeping in mind that print is seen as a dying industry).
- The part social media plays in her “getting out there” strategy and how that strategy has shifted over the last 12 months.
- How she actually makes money (the magazine isn’t profitable).
- What keeps her on purpose even on those days that are full of challenges.
- Who has mentored her along the way through her different businesses.
- How to be in a loving relationship with a partner who is also building a business empire (Lisa recently got engaged to Jack Delosa form The Entourage).
- One piece of advice that all business owners need to hear.
Put aside 45 minutes today to learn, get inspired and to give you a head start as we move into 2015.
Enjoy the interview here,
Click here for more great articles like this one!
To speak with me about how I can help you go to the next level and beyond in your business.. simply head to the contact page and send me a message.